Vital Fluid Replacement
Changing your car's oil is one of the most simple and cost effective maintenance procedures you can do.
There are varying recommendations as to how often you should change your oil. The reason for the variation is the way you use your car...light, heavy, or severe service. What most of us think of as "normal" service is actually "severe". Severe service includes frequent short trips (less than 20 km), stop-and-go traffic, driving on gravel roads, and driving at sustained high speeds in hot weather. For this type of driving, the accepted industry wide recommendation is 5000 km. Changing your oil regularly, under these conditions, will increase the life span of your engine.
- Oil Change: Engine - Regular oil changes should be made at 5,000 km or 3 months intervals, (whichever comes first). Our house oil, "Petro Canada Maximum" is a superior product. The oil is Hydro-Treated to form a "99% pure base stock." Not many other oils can boast that! For a very low price, you may upgrade from 5W20 to 20W50 oil.
- Semi-Synthetic: Get the benefits of synthetic oil at a low price. ...Semi-synthetic oil is available from Petro Canada and most major brands (great for cold starts!).
- Full Synthetic: Full synthetic oils offer the best protection against engine wear, the best protection against cold temperature start-ups and the best protection for high revving, high temperature engines; simply the best available from Petro Canada and most major brands.
- Other Brands: Have a favourite? We carry all major brands of top quality oil, including Castrol, Pennzoil, Quaker State, Valvoline and many, many more.
- Oil Filters: We use Hastings Premium Filters. They are recognized as an industry standard and are warranty approved for your car.
- Engine Flush: Been a while since your last oil charge? Get rid of sludge & grime in your engine, in one quick step! Using a safe, specialty oil, we empty your crankcase, replace with the "Oil Flush", let your car idle for 10 minutes to clean out every corner of your engine, drain the flush and replace again with your selection of our premium oils.
Fuel System Cleaning Service
- Fuel Injection Service: We clean the fuel injectors, catalytic converter, the air intake and emission systems. This service helps to eliminate rough idling, hesitation and sluggishness and can restore performance. Service is recommended every 24,000 km or every year for most vehicles.
- Fuel Filters: The fuel filter is a small device that removes impurities, such as dirt and rust from the fuel before it can contaminate the rest of the fuel system. Replacing the filter once a year will help reduce the possibility of damage to your fuel system.
Radiator Fluid Change
- Radiator Coolant: Your coolant contains a chemical (ethylene glycol) that stops water from freezing or boiling in regular and extreme temperatures. Coolant also contains rust, corrosion and foaming inhibitors. Over time these inhibitors become less effective, leaving you with breakdowns and costly damages.
- Radiator Flush: We remove all of the old coolant in the radiator, the engine, the hoses and the heater core and replace it with warranty approved fluid (up to 15 L.). We also check for leaks in the system and test the radiator cap. Replacing the fluid helps protect against rust and corrosion, engine freeze up and helps your vehicle operate at its most efficient temperature. Service is recommended every 48,000 km or every 2 years for most vehicles Check your owner's manual.